The main taxes in Colombia according to the tariff of the product and the customs fees are:
- Tax – IVA (19%)
- Import Duties (depends on HS Code)
Taxes for shipments from the USA or China to Colombia via Courier – Postal Traffic and Urgent Shipping (Virtual Mailbox, Courier Express) are:
By regulations of the Colombian Customs (DIAN), the imported products must meet the following requirements to be accepted under the Postal / Express Shipping modality:
- For personal use only and not for commercial use.
- Maximum weight of 50 kilos (110 lbs) per shipment.
- Declared value can not exceed US $ 2,000.
- Maximum 6 (six) units of the same category or reference per shipment.
If the imported products do not meet these requirements, your shipment will be changed of modality to an “Ordinary Import” and will be subject to costs and penalties that may apply. Please contact us if your shipment does not meet the above requirements. Know the Regulations.